4 year old morning class: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00 – 11:30 am
2016 – 2017 tuition $215 /month Adult to child ratio is 1 to 4
Parent will work in classroom approximately 15 classes per year.
Child should be 4 by December 2nd
- The 4 year old morning class builds on the skills of the 3 year old class (see above).
- We also begin a letter of the week program and introduce phonics.
- We explore science areas using the Gem curriculum, hands on science and cooking throughout the year.
- We also learn more about writing using elements from several programs including handwriting without tears.
- We integrate many pre-math games and activities as well.
- This is a kindergarten readiness class that develops scissoring skills, proper pencil grip and learning to follow two step directions and listen to a story and retell it afterwards.
- The children have several opportunities for public speaking each day and we introduce instruments and rhythm as well as music and movement.
- We emphasize teamwork, cooperative play, conflict resolution and respect and compassion toward others.
- Children also develop independence, problem solving skills and self-reliance.
- Parent teacher conferences in early spring.