Pre-K class: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 12:20 – 3:15 pm
2016 – 2017 tuition $275 /month Adult to child ratio is 1 to 5
Parent will work in classroom approximately 20 classes per year.
Child should be 4 by July 31st-
Also class is designed for those who are age eligible for
TK or kindergarten but would benefit from the gift of another year.
- The Pre-K class builds on the skills of the 3 year old class and in addition to incorporating all the aspects of the 4 year old morning class mentioned above, the crafts and centers are different. Also because this class has older students we are able to explore more subjects in-depth as the older children often have different interests and ask different questions.
- This class has an additional session each week so we integrate extra activities, games and centers. For example we have added science and craft centers.
- Our literature experiences include making predictions, retelling stories and role playing and additionally creating alternative endings and imagining new stories.
- This class has a daily writing center, which exposes the children to various writing and small motor activities.
- Children are encouraged to learn smaller site words and we encourage expression of ideas through drawing and independent writing.
- We also have a listening center focused on early readers.
- There is an art appreciation program where children learn about artists and their work.
The children also perform in a music program during the year.